Info Tips News – 6 Ways How to Retrieve Deleted Messages from WhatsApp on iPhone. According to thinkimpact.com, WhatsApp is the most popular messaging platform used by over two billion people worldwide with 22% of users on iOS. But most people are still confused about how to retrieve deleted messages from WhatsApp on iPhone properly.
In addition, users can use some features on WhatsApp or iCloud to restore them. All you have to do is simply follow the right steps. So, here’s the thing you should know about restoring deleted chats on your iPhone.
WhatsApp is one of the most popular platforms that offer easy-to-use messaging services. The app allows you to send quick chats with individuals or groups at any time. You can also share photos, videos, and documents for free.
There are some features to help you back up the messages on your devices. So, WhatsApp doesn’t fully erase the message once you delete it from your phone, especially your iPhone.
Deleted messages are stored for 30 days, so you can decide to clear or restore them before the duration ends. The app will delete them from the folder automatically when 30 days elapse.
On the other hand, you can still recover the messages by using third-party apps or certain features. How to retrieve deleted messages from WhatsApp on iPhone probably depends on different circumstances to know which way to use them.
In addition, you can uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp on your iPhone to restore the message from the backup file. Just simply select the restore option and the latest backup will be back on the chat.
There are some methods you can try on how to retrieve deleted messages from WhatsApp on iPhone. You can use original features or a third-party app to recover them. So, here are some ways to retrieve messages you should follow:
The easiest way to save the backup data is by linking your iCloud account to WhatsApp. You can follow these steps on how to retrieve deleted messages from WhatsApp on iPhone through iCloud below:
- First, you need to check if you have enabled the auto backup on WhatsApp. Simply open the “Settings” menu, then click the “Chat” option. After that, you can pick “Chat backup” to change the setting.
- Then, you have to uninstall the app if it allows auto backup. Make sure to verify your phone number once you reinstall it.
- After that, click on “Restore Chat History” to retrieve the deleted messages once the process is done. Make sure your account has connected to iCloud or enabled auto backup.
You can try turning back the deleted messages through your friend’s chat history. The messages are probably still in the other interlocutor’s chat history which is a simple way to recover them.
All you have to do is ask your friends to export the backup chat history and send it back to you. However, you can also ask them to send screenshots of messages as an alternative.
If you think this method is embarrassing, you probably need to back up the messages frequently. So, you can recover data easily after deletion through your cloud storage.
You can also retrieve deleted messages by restoring the whole iCloud backup. This process may need enough storage to store the data in the backup file. So, here are several steps you should follow:
- First, open “Settings” and tap on “General” to see some options to reset the data. Click “Reset” and choose “Erase all Contents and Settings” which will delete the whole data on your iPhone.
- Click on “Erase Now” and enter your password to change and confirm the setting.
- Next, tap on “Restore from iCloud Backup” once you set up your device. Then, log in to your iCloud account.
- Last, select the backup file of deleted messages to restore. Make sure you have backed up WhatsApp messages in iCloud before you apply this method.
This method allows you to retrieve deleted messages from iTunes backup files. Before that, make sure you have backed up the messages to get them back. So, here are some steps to follow to recover deleted WhatsApp messages from iTunes below:
- Open iTunes on your PC, or Finder Mac and connect them to your iPhone.
- Then, click “Trust This Computer” to connect the iPhone to the computer.
- After that, select the iPhone option when it shows in the window.
- Tap “Restore Backup” to retrieve back the files. You can’t preview the data in the backup so make sure to select them correctly.
- Click on “Restore” after you choose the relevant backup files. You probably asked to enter the password for encrypted backup in the process.
This third-party app is a great option to recover the messages if you don’t have a backup. Also, you don’t have to uninstall WhatsApp during the process. Here are the steps to retrieve the WhatsApp data using MiniTool Mobile Recovery:
- Make sure to download and install MiniTool Mobile Recovery on your PC or laptop.
- Then, connect your iPhone to your computer and confirm the trustworthiness of the app. There will be a pop-up notification on the phone.
- Open the recovery program and tap on “Scan”. The process can take a few minutes to finish.
- Next, choose “WhatsApp” from the data list that will display all messages on the app.
- Search and select the deleted messages from WhatsApp you want to recover.
- After that, click on “Recover” to get them back on your iPhone.
iMyFone ChatsBack provides features to retrieve messages from WhatsApp without backup. This app works on all types of iPhone with easy methods, as follows:
- All you have to do is to download and install the program on your computer.
- Next, connect your computer and iPhone to recover the data from the “Device Storage” menu.
- Select the “WhatsApp Messenger” option once it is recognized on your devices. Then, click “Start” to apply the scanning process.
- Last, you can see and preview and select the exact messages you need. Tap on “Recover to PC or Device” once you’ve chosen the messages.
That’s the information you should know about how to retrieve deleted messages from WhatsApp on iPhone. Those methods probably work to recover the messages easily. However, you should choose one that is suitable for your needs.